Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday

Deep thoughts, random thoughts...just some thoughts for Thursday.

September is here!  I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to Fall!  I know it is not technically here yet, but sometimes just a flip of the calendar gives me the feeling of a fresh new start.  Does it feel any different for you or not really?  We all mark certain times of the year as a starting off point, don't we?  New Year's day, our birthday, school years, different seasons, different months....they're all just days on the calendar really, but some feel more significant than others.  


Well, I was just thinking this morning about how everything lately seems to be going well for us. I was out on a jog with my daughter in her stroller.  It felt different because it was cooler and the change felt nice. We are on an up swing, you could say.  Life is all about change.  Good days, bad days, good moods, bad moods.  How often we have the power to make life whatever we want, but we can just get stuck in a rut.  I can be such a homebody at times, but when I start to feel blah, it's good to shake things up.  My daughter and I just started a new weekly Community Bible Study, which I think is going to be good for us both.  I took a two hour long Zumba class last night.  I haven't taken a dance class like that since I was in college.  I didn't feel guilty it was during dinner time either because of the new set-up I have with my friend.  Our new weekly dinner swap had dinner taken care of.  My husband got extra time for a daddy/daughter dinner, and mommy got time to go do my own thing.  We have family coming to visit this weekend.  I do not want to jinx myself, but all is well right now.


I also got to thinking how a couple months ago when I was lying in a hospital bed...I just wanted to have the freedom to go and do these things.  We can all take so much for granted until we don't have the option to do so.  I realize life isn't always completely a go-make-it-what-you-want-it scenario.  Obviously, some things we cannot change.  We may be sick in a hospital bed, have family members sick, have sad situations, or financial troubles.  We may be in a stage where we are not getting enough sleep from any of the frustrating things I just mentioned, or even from something good like the blessing of a baby or young child.  They too can rob us of our sleep and zap our energy.


I get a little lost in my thoughts here because I am reflecting more upon my own life, and not directing this at anyone in particular who may read this.  I don't mean to sound like I'm giving a sermon or something.  We all go through certain stages and problems.  It's just life can really swing back and forth. I know when I was in that hospital bed I almost felt as though everyone should have a picture of what I was looking at somewhere framed in their house.  Just to give perspective.  I have it mentally in my mind.  If you are in a stage where you can't change certain things, I hope you find the strength to get through them and remain as positive as possible.  When you get through that difficult time, you will be able to enjoy things so much more, so please hang on to that thought.  And if all you need for a good change...is a change of perspective or attitude, or a new routine, then by all means...do that for yourself.  Life is too short.  


Man, deep thoughts again today.  Hope I'm not bringing everyone down!  My intent was actually just to say "yay, it's September!" and I got lost in something that had been on my mind from a couple months back.  Haha!  Okay, clearing some tears from my eyes here.  Geesh.  I guess this is what happens when you have some thoughts you kind of want to verbalize, and then you go get your own blog!  Please though, take it from me...if it's not life threatening, just enjoy your days the absolute most you can.  Flip that calendar and say today is a new day, a new month, a new start. I hope you all have the best September ever!  Random thoughts next week so you don't all think I've gone completely crazy!





2 comments:

  1. Love this. What a great post! You are such a strong woman and it is so great that you are able to keep such a wonderful outlook on everything through your trials and struggles. Thanks for sharing - it was very uplifting and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Natalie! So nice of you!:)

    ReplyDelete