Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

So again I feel like I am offering such a simple recipe because...
1. I usually make pretty simple meals.
2. I wanted to give you a picture of the meal and we had this last night.

I figure you know that I am not a food blogger.  I also figure I don't have to be a top notch chef or have a show on the Food Network to tell people what I had for dinner.  We all eat, right?  So last night I was stumped and did not want to run to the store for any one single extra ingredient to make anything.  I wanted to use what I had on hand, but it all looked so boring.  I did have some of these tortellini packs....

Always a lifesaver. Ready in 7-9 minutes.
I wanted to do something a little different with these though.  I usually just toss them with pesto, but it wasn't sounding good.  What to do?  Google, of course.  I think every problem big or small can be worked through with God and Google.  So I found a great recipe for a tortellini salad (along with awesome entertaining tips.  Click here to check them out.)  However, I did not have quite the same ingredients as this recipe. It got my wheels spinning though.

Tortellini Vegetable Salad

1. Cook the tortellini as directed.

2. In a separate skillet, sauté:
     Chopped half of a red onion
     Pkg. of mushrooms
     Pkg. of cherry tomatoes
     Small can of chopped black olives
     Small handful of capers

3. After the pasta is done, mix up pasta and vegetables and add a half bag of spinach. Voila.

We topped our individuals bowls with some Parmesan.  Not rocket science, but it was really good.  Maybe this is a standby in your house, maybe not.  It worked last night for us in a pinch, and I'm going to try that other recipe in the future too.  Hope you all have a great day!

I don't think you can mess this one up.  Pretty good for a quick meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment