Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

BBQ Chicken Pizza

I wanted a twist on pizza, and had not made this before myself.  It was a real keeper and fairly easy to make.  I combined these two recipes, Chicken Garlic Pizza and BBQ Chicken Pizza, after consulting my friend Mr. Google. Garlic and BBQ, why not?  In between bites Chad was asking....so when did you..(bite)..think to try this?...(bite)..This is (bite)...so good!  He has pefectly fine table manners normally.  He was just as happy as I was with how good this turned out.  So here is what I did:

1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 pkg Refrigerated Pizza Crust (I used Pillsbury)
1/2 red onion sliced
1 cup of spinach
1 pkg of sliced mushrooms
2/3 cup BBQ Sauce (I used Stubbs original)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried basil

(Read all directions first, there are 2 options with crust)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Place the chicken breast in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until no longer pink, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken breast and place in a bowl.  Then shred it by pulling it apart with two forks as pictured.

Easy way to shred up some chicken.

3. While chicken is boiling, in a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with garlic, onion and basil.   Pour into a dish to cool, and refrigerate until set.
4. Okay, so I rolled out my pizza dough. 
5. Then topped with garlic butter sauce,
6.  BBQ sauce,
7.  and all other toppings and cheese.  Like I said it was great.  However the crust in the center was just ever so slightly soggy.  My sister made a pizza the next day and read her directions.  With Pillsbury dough it says to cook 5 min, then put on ingredients and bake another 6-10 minutes.  Next time I will try this. Choose which ever way you'd like.
8. If you do it all and then put it in, bake for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
9. Enjoy!  (9 is the new 10 in lists and instructions...this was for you L.N.)


BBQ Garlic Chicken.  We are in love with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment