Monday, September 19, 2011

On a Mission Monday

Okay, so this is my sixth week of blogging with my Monday Missions.  I shout out a project for the week on Monday, and by next Monday I share with you what I did.  Well, this was my first week to not even start my mission.  Ahhh.  Remember how I said cleaning out my closet was a bit like climbing Mt. Everest to me? Well, I didn't even put one foot in front of the other for this climb.  I didn't even buy the gear to prepare for this climb.  I did nothing.  There it is...complete honesty.  I kept putting it off for one reason or another, and  then surprise surprise, it was not a completed mission.  I think it falls into a category that boils down to this saying:



Yes, cleaning my closet just did not seem that important to me this week.  I don't want to just give up though.  I could list all my excuses for not doing it, but I won't ramble on and on.  About an hour ago, I had a toddler who was refusing to take a nap.  I tried many techniques to get her down.  We did several potty breaks.  We pretended her stuffed animals were the ones who needed a nap.  Finally, I laid down on the floor next to her, and it was lights out.  Luckily, it was lights out for her and not me.  Believe me, I struggled with not passing out myself!  All in all though, she is down.  So today I have a sleeping toddler and a messy closet. Hopefully next week I will have a clean closet and (pause) I'd like to keep the toddler napping if possible. :)


So this week's mission: to clean out my freaking closet.  I can do this.  I will not blow it two weeks in a row. So that's all for today.  I'm off to get it started!  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment