Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday

So for last week's Thoughts for Thursday I had kind of a Ms. Positive thing going on.  It was a little on the "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" side. Well, since then I had a couple of really crappy days!  Nothing major...just a nothing-going-right/bad-mood kind of thing.  I was annoyed with myself that I could write about making the most out of life, and then feel so completely opposite. What a hypocrite, huh?!


Well, today is a new day.  It's not all rainbows and lollipops, but I have pulled myself out of a slump.  I won't go into all the details, but mainly I was just having a lot of mom guilt.  It's hard keeping up with everything and a toddler.  Some new discipline things have popped up with our little one.  Nothing major, just pushing at playgroups, but it's been making me feel down.  I know she's two, it's a kid thing, probably a phase, but it's frustrating!  I'm finding these toddler years are fun and frustrating!  It's a little, or a lot, of both I guess.  Cute they are talking more and all, but it's also a feeling of "so not only do I have to keep you alive and teach you what to do, but I also have to teach you what NOT to do?"  Ha!  Just kidding.  I know it goes along with being a parent, but man, this job never gets a day off!  Well, I got a new game plan.  I'm going to try to stop feeling all crappy about it and just do something else about it.  What I have been trying has not worked, so duh, I'm going to try something else.


Here are a couple of posters that I have seen recently on Pinterest that relate to what I'm talking about.  It's just absolute common sense, but a nice reminder when I am feeling overwhelmed.

Duh.

If only we could just have this attitude everyday.

So that last one reminds me of a quote I hear or see every now and then....

"When I get sad, 
I stop being sad
 and
 be awesome instead. 
True story." 

I looked up the author on this one. Apparently, it is from the show How I Met Your Mother.  The character Barney Stinson has it on a poster in his office.  I haven't really watched this show, but maybe I should start.  I heard it's funny and that quote has caught my eye.  Well, turning this week around now.  Here's to hoping it gets a little more on the awesome side!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment