Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

Something I've Found to be Wonderful....
...whether it's a book, idea, website, movie, etc.




If you haven't already heard of Pinterest, you really should check it out.  It's awesome.  When I first heard of it, my first thought was kind of "what now?"  I was wondering if I would have to keep up with something new or if it was tricky to understand.  I'm not a genius with new computer stuff.  I love Facebook.  Twitter grabs my eye occasionally, but I'm not really a tweeter. Ha!  So what was this thing called Pinterest?


Well, you really just kind of have to check it out yourself to get the full picture.  It is a website, www.pinterest.com, and there is an app for your phone.  It's mainly a great source of inspiration, and for me it's a mood lifter.  There are a ton of beautiful pictures and clever ideas that you can sift through and "pin" something that you find of interest. You can create virtual clipboards in a sense. If you see something on the actual website or actually anywhere on the web, you can can "pin" it  and save it for later.  Find a cool living room arrangement, pin it to a "ideas for the house" folder.  Find a mouth watering recipe, pin it to a "recipe" folder.   Making any sense? If you click on the actual pictures themselves, it then links you to their source.  So it is also a great way to find new blogs and cool websites that you might not find otherwise.


It's kind of hard to describe, so just go check it out.  When I first got into it, I kind of wondered why no one had already mentioned it to me.  It was like this awesome little secret.  Well, it's taking over now and you may have already seen or heard about it.  If not, see if it's for you.  I bet you'll find it very Pinteresting!;)

2 comments:

  1. omg yes this is a MAJOR addiction of mine!!! major.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! It's such an awesome idea! I don't see any advertisements or anything like there is on Facebook, so I wonder how they make money. Whoever thought of it is hopefully getting paid!:)

    ReplyDelete