Monday, September 26, 2011

On A Mission Monday

Last week's mission: My closet.
It was an enter-at-your-own-risk kind of place.


Well, I did it.  Whew!  I have to say it feels good to be in a better place...or a better closet that is.  I am writing to you from it now because I could just live in here.  Just kidding!  The computer would not reach.  I no longer have a bad feeling when I walk into it though.  No more nagging thought of "how bad am I going to let this get?" kind of thing.


We are a military family meaning we move every couple of years.  I have often heard other families say it's great to move at times because it forces you to stay organized.  I've heard you have to stay on top of it, stuff like that.  Well no, you don't really have to do anything.  Although, I do now I agree you should.  The mountain I just climbed will not have to be climbed again. 


Anyways, different moves means different houses.  I love the closet in this particular house because of it's size.  It is a closet/extra storage room for us, and I had been treating it as such.  In fact, I put it off last when unpacking and just never got to a lot of it.  Embarrassing how many things I had stowed away and kept in those boxes.  If I wanted something just out of the way, into my closet it went.  Blah, blah, blah though.  Here are some before and afters!:)


Before:
Please remember the "storage room" part.
Unopened boxes from our move...from a while ago.
After:
Yay!  Boxes gone and closet prettied up!:)


Idea sparked from Pinterest.
Click here to see their idea.
I couldn't find the exact same stuff,
so I glued wine corks to bulletin boards.
(Found these at Michael's for $12.99 each)
I did have a little fun doing this.  I found clothes that I couldn't believe I used to wear.  Some that were super cute, some that had me asking what-was-I-thinking, and all different sizes mixed into those categories. I also found a $15 Starbucks gift card and $6.80 to Kohl's.  It was a nice tip!:)  


My favorite find was this old school pic of Chad and I.  This picture was taken four years before we started dating.  We knew each other back in college while we worked at the same part time job.  I realize I look a little like the joker here with that HUGE smile and red lipstick.  Oh well, it's a keeper.  The photo and the guy.  Little did we know then that we'd be married and moving around from house to house together.  I must say he is wonderful, and...thanks again sweetie for hanging my new jewelry boards this morning!  I love you Chad!:)

Awesome find.  College pic.  Pre-"us".
How did we not know then?;)
Next week's mission:  Take it easy!  No. I have loose ends to tie up with this.  Getting those old clothes out of the house.  I'm going to check out what places would be best to get them to.  Plus, I have a TON of laundry now.  There will still be a mission, but it is a surprise for Chad and he reads this.  So it is a top secret mission this week, but I'll show you next Monday!  


Have a great week everyone!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment