Friday, September 9, 2011

Family Friday

Just something that happened this past week I thought I'd share....


Blake and I were out on a jog yesterday morning, and we were joined by this little guy.  The happiest little dog ever!  I feel I usually have a pretty good situational awareness, but he totally snuck up on us.  I actually felt something brush my ankle, and looked down to see this little dog in between my feet!  Well, after being startled and jumping as high as I could, and yelling something embarrassing like "blablalalalalaaa", I realized he was friendly and in need of help.




He had no tag, just a collar with a half chewed off leash.  It has still been reaching high temps of 100 degrees around here and his feet were caked in mud.  Well, we got him some water and he followed us home a good 2-3 blocks through the neighborhood.  Blake kept shouting "come'ere little puppy, we'll help you!"  Seeing how friendly he was and hearing Blake say that over and over, left me no choice.  We got home to give him more water and some dog food, and called animal control to come pick him up.  It felt good to do a good deed for our four legged friend!  Hope he makes it home safely!






Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment