Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday

What would you do if you won the lottery?  Even if it was just a scratch off ticket?  I had this thought after buying some scratch offs last week from the grocery store.  I guess it would all depend how much money we were talking about.  I actually thought of very un-fun responsible stuff.  You know, covering the basic financial burdens.  Then, I thought of how I would share it with my family.  How I could help others in need possibly.  I wouldn't want to be too greedy with such a blessing, right?  Right?;) Would I be fair?  Would I end up giving it away? Blowing it?  Would Chad and I disagree on how to use it?  I think I was somewhat relieved not to win when I finally scratched the tickets.  Ha! Although I did win a free ticket, so this game is not over. :)


Anyways, I also recently came across this little newspaper clipping of something I wrote in sixth grade.  It was a class assignment to be a newspaper reporter.  My write-up was covering a sixth grader who won the lottery and what this sixth grader did with it.  It struck me as super funny because I actually was very studious when I was younger, and all I write about is the winner getting out of homework, etc.  Just for fun, here is what I wrote....


Sixth-Grader Wins Lottery
Today, a sixth-grade student won the lottery and bought Baldwin School.  Many changes have been made.  Limousines are now taking the kids to school instead of buses.  Soda will now come out of the drinking fountains.  Roller skating is permitted in the gym.  The No. 1 rule is "No more homework!"  There will now be only four hours of school.  Fifteen minutes of school will be spent as study time and the other three hours and forty-five minutes will be recess, parties or other fun activities. This new owner does not want to reveal his name, but whoever he is - he has style!



Haha! Well, for obvious reasons this may crack me up more than you. However, I still think it is fun to see how a kid's mind works.  I am looking forward to seeing what all my daughter's future assignments and creativity will bring.  For now, I just have to remember to go redeem my free ticket.  Maybe I'll hit it big and go for a limo ride...to the roller rink...while sipping soda along the way!;)


No comments:

Post a Comment