Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Here's a recipe I kept hearing about from quite a few people.  I finally gave it a try last night, and I must say it was really good.  You know when your hopes are up for the funniest movie ever though? Or the best movie in a long time kind of thing?  Well, that was kind of this recipe for me.  I think my hopes were up just a little too high to completely agree with what I had heard.  Please don't dismiss it though from my review!  It is really good and really easy.  A different twist on a pasta dish and I will make it again.  It's just the next time I will probably add more of each ingredient to boost the flavor.  I also did add some grated parmesan and would recommend you do the same.  See if it's something you might like....

15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta
Recipe taken from Oh She Glows
Inspired by My Recipe.org.
Serves 2




Ingredients:

    1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted 
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish (maybe more next time)
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 2, but I love garlic so I could have added more)
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
  • ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil (again, maybe more next time)
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • (don't forget some grated parmesan cheese)

Directions:
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.


2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment