Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday


Well, here we are at "Wonderful Wednesday" again!  Ha!  I am still not completely in love with this day's title.  Anyways, I do have two new wonderful ideas to tell you all about. Neither one of them I thought of, but I sure wish I would have!  I'm just spreading the word on these....


1. One of my friends had this brilliant idea that is getting us out of cooking one night a week.  What we are doing (we just started this week) is doubling our batch of whatever we make for Tuesday night's dinner.  Then when we see each other on Wednesday morning at our usual mom/kid get together, we swap the meals, so no cooking on Wednesday night!  It's just a reheat and voila!  Sweet, huh?  I'll admit at first I was slightly hesitant because I have to put a little more thought into whatever we eat on Tuesday.  In other words, something that is good reheated and hopefully tastes good enough to give to a friend.  So far so good!  We decided to put them in coolers since we weren't going immediately back home.  We will then just rotate coolers each week.  The arranged dinner deal went down this morning and I now don't have to cook tonight!  Woo hoo!  Hopefully, you may know of a friend or coworker that you could go in with and also give this a try!


2. Crock Pot Girls.  Have you heard of them yet?!  This idea has such an eye-catching name and has literally become an overnight sensation. These three women in Texas started a Facebook page only around 10 days ago and they already have over 750,000 likes!  Crazy!  They have also started a website as well, www.crockpotgirls.com, and on both sites people can post their favorite crock pot recipes.  I'm all excited to get my crock pot out and give some of those recipes a whirl.  I see there are other crock pot pages as well on Facebook, but these ladies hit the jackpot with their catchy name I think. The jackpot of crock pot ideas. Hmmm. I just can't help but wonder, why didn't I think of that?!  I'm sure they are having a lot of fun with it and may even have some advertisers in line for their site.  Too cool.  Check it out!


Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone!:)

1 comment: