Monday, August 29, 2011

On A Mission Monday

The Baby Book...Part One.

In case you are unfamiliar with my "On a Mission Mondays",  I pick one little project to complete by the next Monday and then I share it on here.  So last Monday, my "little" project was to get caught up on my daughter's baby book.  She's two.  Yep, I had fallen quite behind.  Lots of memos saved, pictures to be put in...I have it all...just not in the book.  Well, this week I'd say my mission was 90% completed.  I had two choices on this one..... fess up and admit that I did not complete it, or lie and act like I did.  I was a little tempted to do the second, but not really.  That would defeat the purpose of my Monday blog.  I feel less guilty by just telling the truth too. Believe me, I already have enough mom guilt that I have put the whole thing off for this long.

It is taking me "Baby Steps" to complete this book!
The good thing is that I did jump in and it will be done this week.  Without a doubt, this week I will be able to close it and say it is up-to-date.  The baby book I purchased was one I chose before I had an actual baby.  I wanted one that was fairly plain so I could decorate it and do as I wanted with it.  Make it unique, I thought.  Well, again it was before baby.  I don't think I realized how much time and energy a child requires.  Most of the first year I was sleep deprived and not able to do all that I wanted with her book.  Lesson learned.  Although, with (hopefully) our next child I will want to do the same.  So the major lesson learned is to keep up with milestones as they occur.  This way I won't be blogging excuses for why I am behind!:)

One thing I added that I love is this collage of all of Blake's favorite books over the past couple of years.  It is front and back.  I was able to fit about 15 or so on each side, and I may just add more books in or add another page.  All of these books make me smile when I think of how she reacted to each one.  I smile when I think of how she learned to turn the pages, what she called certain characters as she began to talk, her pointing and saying "what's that?", and how they often saved my sanity while in the car or on a shopping trip.  I scanned each one into our computer then just adjusted their sizes.

Selections from our little bookworm's library.  Memories for a lifetime.

So I need an extension on this one!  This is a good mission for this week though anyways because we have family coming to visit for the weekend.  This will give me today, Tuesday, and Wednesday to finish.  I can prep for visitors Thursday and then just enjoy the weekend.  So stayed tuned please!  To be continued!  I didn't realize this would be a two part edition for my Monday blog, but it is.  Better go now, so I can get back to the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment