Friday, August 26, 2011

Family Fridays

What We've Been Up to Lately...


I'd say this week went by quickly for us.  I feel like I just wrote last Friday's post and here we are again.  We had our basic routines of work and play.  Sometimes play can still feel like work though. At least it sure did for me this morning at a bounce house full of toddlers.  Mommy was more worn out than Blake without question.  All that bouncing, chasing, and disciplining makes me question who really needs that afternoon nap more!


Anyways, last Sunday we had our pictures taken by professional photographer so that was something new.  This was a first for us.  We take lots of pictures ourselves that we like, but we've never actually paid anyone to take any (except one time at The Picture People when they were having a deal). I see lots of great photos that families have taken. I just never have been dying to spend the money or time getting them done.  


Well, it was actually a lot of fun and I'm glad we did it.  We'll see how they turn out.  We were in an outside setting near some horse stables.  It was still kind of hot out being 91 degrees, and it's not easy getting a two year old to always follow direction, but we did it!  I originally did not want to be all in the same color, because when are we ever?  However, after unsuccessfully putting together a mix of outfits, I settled on all white after all.  This particular photographer does "lifestyle shots", not really posed, just us hanging out.  Hopefully soon we'll get to see our shots, and I'll share them on here.  It will be us in our all white shirts, just hanging out by the horse stables, like most days. ;)


This pic is one I snapped on my phone when we were all done. It's a little fuzzy, and by no means professional looking.  However, I find it to be "the real lifestyle shot".   It's a little more of our real day to day. Monitoring what is going in, and when it is coming out...... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment