Monday, August 22, 2011

On A Mission Monday

The  Kitchen Desk.
A.K.A. Former Disaster Zone.

What have I gotten myself into?  This was probably one of my first thoughts as I rolled out of bed this morning.  That's right.  This morning I got up to clean out and reorganize the kitchen desk that I said I would have done by today.  Well, procrastinator I may be, but "Monday Mission" accomplished!  Never would I have ever thought the random stuff that I have shoved into these cabinets would be viewed on the freaking Internet, nor that I would be the one posting them.  Yet, here they are...before and after shots of my messy kitchen desk/storage area......

What it typically looks like.  It gets worse....

Chaos.
So I threw out what was just random junk...receipts, expired coupons, things I kept for some reason that I will never need, etc.  I made the drawer that our daughter can open to now be free of scissors, eyeball poking pens, dangerous screwdrivers.  We were soooo toddler proofed.  The drawer still has a place for coins and keys, but all weapons have been removed.  Mainly there are just some coloring books in there now and stuff to keep her busy while I am cooking dinner.  The top cabinets no longer give me a headache when I open them.  Ahh, yes, this is so much better.....

How can I throw out so much, and still have so much? 

New memory board added as a catch for
business cards, coupons, etc. ($7.64 at Kohl's)


It may not look like much, but believe me, it is a major improvement.
D-O-N-E.


New Monday Mission.....Okay so for this week, maybe I can start it before it's due date.  One thing that has been put off time and time again is updating Blake's baby book.  I need to turn empty pages into memories preserved.  I have many milestones jotted down on scraps of paper and in my phone, but they need to get in the book!  I keep waiting for who knows what.  Creative energy.  A big slot of time.  Well, I saw something recently that it so true.... "Finished is Better than Perfect".  Baby book here I come!:)

2 comments:

  1. Great job Tasha! Ive been on an organization mission myself while I'm off work for awhile. I have quite the list of things I would like to accomplish! And I've been slowly trying to get Chases day by day calendar completed yes from 2 yrs ago(I too have it all written out in a notebook!) as well as update his baby book. I started Wyatt's day by day calendar today (all his info is in my phone too)! I still need to start his baby book! There is always so much to do! Good luck with Blakes baby book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! Yes, there is always an ever growing "to do" list, huh? Thanks for the good luck wish, I may need it!;)

    ReplyDelete