Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday

Deep thoughts, random thoughts...just some thoughts for Thursday.

Random thoughts today.  I had been reflecting on how fun it has been to start blogging again.  I named my blog when I started it last year.  "Daily Cup of T" just came to mind because I was playing around with different ideas... and my name is Tasha....and it starts with a T...my cup of T.....no....Daily Cup of T....and that was it.  It works.  Am I a tea drinker?  No.  I am highly addicted to coffee.  Only pregnancy can get me to cut down my intake and even then I still switch to decaf just so I can drink more of it. Anyways, I have always thought that maybe drinking tea is the healthier thing to do.  So I looked into it....

Some benefits to drinking tea as found on eatdrinkbetter.com

  1. Contains antioxidants. 
  2. Can lower stress hormone levels.
  3. Fights cavities and reduces plaque. 
  4. Keeps you hydrated. 
  5. May reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack. 
  6. Can help lower blood pressure. 
  7. Aids your body in digestion.
  8. May help prevent diabetes.
  9. Can help beat bacteria. 
  10. Aids your immune defenses. 
Some benefits to drinking coffee as found in an article here on HubPages:

  1. Antioxidant Rich
  2. Magnesium Rich
  3. Anti Bacterial and Anti Adhesive Qualities 
  4. Promotes Digestion
  5. Improves Athletic Endurance and Performance 
  6. Decreases Depression
  7. Decreases Your Chance of Developing Parkinson's Disease
  8. Decreases you Risk of Developing Colon Cancer
  9. Offsets the Damaging Effects of Smoking
  10. Treats Asthma and Headaches
  11. Reduces Your Risks of Liver Disease
Seriously, these are just two sources of a bazillion sites out there either boasting of reasons to drink tea or coffee. Team Tea has reasons against Team Coffee, and vice versa.  At the site, The Color of Tea.com, they compare both and at least conclude it can just come down to preference.  


I think I am just relieved that coffee isn't all that worse than tea.  I did learn from most sites that there are four basic types of tea and that I have always pronounced one wrong.  There's white, green, oolong (which is wu long), and black.  So where does Earl Grey fit in?  I have had my fill on researching tea for the day.  Maybe I will pick up some tea the next time I'm at the store and give'em a try.  Right now I'm going to wrap up this post and go refill my coffee. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment