Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Alright, my first Tasty Tuesday!  Here is a recipe that I just LOVE!  It's super easy and you can make it in no time.  I found this one through an awesome meal planning service I have used, Kate's Thoughts for Food.  I'll post more on why I love this site below.  Here is the delicious recipe for you!

Honey and Spice Glazed Pork Chops
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Cooking spray
4 4-ounce Pork Chops (about 1/2 thick, boneless center-cut)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper


1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
2.  Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.  Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.  Reduce heat to medium-low; add honey mixture.  Cook 10 minutes or until done, turning once.              


Obviously, I am not a food photographer.  Here they are though.  We had these last night with broccoli mixed with shallots and golden raisins.  I used pork rib chops (instead of boneless) and they were fantastic! Made a couple extra for lunch leftovers.  I dare you to not lick every drip of the honey mixture. It's so good!

I hope you try this, and that you check out the site Kate's Thoughts for Food.  It is awesome!  For only $5 you can get a week's worth of recipes with their standard meal plan.  They do custom plans too. Mainly, the service takes the guesswork out of what's for dinner that week.  You get emailed recipes for main dishes, plus sides, and an itemized grocery list for the entire week's worth of dinner ingredients. It is not overwhelming at all.  I love it!  It even has the nutritional information attached.  Basically, whenever I am in a slump for dinners, I order another month's worth.  So for $20, I get 20 new complete dinners.  Each week I have a list to take to the store that moves me through the produce, dairy, frozen section, etc.  Man, do I sound like their spokesperson or what?!  I just love it though. 

I even print out the plans and put them in a binder with plastic sleeves and just grab the list before that week.  Makes my life easier! What you see is just the title page on the right. A list on the left.  Recipes for each individual dinner are on the pages that follow.  I blurred it out on purpose...just wanted to give you an idea.  You'll have to get your own plan if you want to put together a cool binder like mine. ;)

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

On Wednesdays I'm doing a Mid-Week Media Review (need a much cooler title though I think).  Figured I'd gab about something I have found of interest ...whether it's a book, movie, website, app, etc. (maybe it'll be the Wednesday Write Up, or the Wednesday We-View.  Haha!  We'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment