Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Wednesday Write-Up

Click here to read a couple pages

I'll just go ahead and say it...I am a Bethenny Frankel fan.  I had seen her here and there before, but I didn't really follow any one thing of hers.  I watched a couple episodes of The Real Housewives of New York, and thought she stood out from the other wives, but it's not like I tuned in regularly or saw every episode.  I only mention this show really because I think it's what most people recognize Bethenny Frankel from.  You may have seen her on Martha Stewart: Apprentice, Bethenny's Getting Married?, or Bethenny Ever After, Skating with the Stars, or read any of her three books, or magazine health columns, or know her as the creator of the Skinnygirl cocktails.  Pretty sure she was just on the cover of Forbe's magazine too.  Anyways, these are just a few of the things she's done in the public eye.  She also was an event planner for major movie premieres before becoming famous and ran her own baked goods line called BethennyBakes.  She is way more than any one accomplishment she has done though. Not your stereotypical television housewife of New York that is for sure...not that she was even married while on the show.

Anyways, A Place of Yes was, in my opinion, a terrific read.  I believe I needed to read this book at this point in my life, and I am sure I will pick it up again from time to time.  It may sound like a self help book that is just going to be all about being positive, and you may honestly think "aw, who has time for that crap".  It's not just about being positive or becoming a "yes man" though.  A place of yes is an "it-will-happen-because-I'll-make-it-happen" kind of attitude.  

She talks of 10 rules for getting everything you want out of life, and a lot about her own life.  I found her to be very easy to relate to, brutally honest, and admirable.  I agree with her when she speaks about the timing of life and how you have to roll with it and work at it to make it work for you.  I have felt a difference in my outlook on some things that had me down recently, and I'm sure reading this book had something to do with that.  Thank you Bethenny Frankel!  I'll stop there, but I highly recommend this book. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment