Monday, August 15, 2011

On a Mission Monday

Hello!  Okay, so I'm back to the blogging world!  So often I can't figure out my direction with my blog.  Do I just write about anything random I think of, do I inform you of something, and/or do I just post pics of what we've been up to?  I realize I can do whatever I want, but I need something to keep me focused and keep my wheels spinning.  So....new format.  I'm sticking to a different theme for each day of the week.  I've seen other people do this, and now I'm going to give it a whirl too. Welcome to today.  It's On a Mission Monday.

I feel like a have a bazillion little projects around the house or just your basic "to-do's" that I seem to never get to.  I spend a lot of time thinking about what I need to get done, and feel like I never just get it done already!  So today I'll share with you something I just recently completed.  Then I'm going to shout out my new mission for the week, and next Monday I'll have to own up to if I got it done and show you something from it.  Don't worry, it's not like you'll see a "before and after" of toilet cleaning or anything.  Hopefully it's something to inspire you and give you ideas, but most importantly for me, I'll be getting it done.  I can put off lots on my own.  I feel it'll be extra incentive for me to be held accountable by my own blog.  Wow...it'll be setting a goal in writing and then doing it.  Not my typical style people. :)


Okay, so I used to pass by this big bare wall A LOT and think I should paint something there.....

So I did!



I went to Michael's one morning and bought a $40 canvas.  I chose some acrylic paint in colors I thought I'd like.  I really didn't know anything about brushes, foam things, or sponges so I just picked out an assortment.  

Then I put it down flat on the kitchen island and went to town during Blake's nap that afternoon. I knew if I screwed up, no one would even know.  I thought if it's that bad, I'll just paint over it or toss it.  No pressure.  I actually had so much fun doing this.  Turned on Pandora and listened to some good music, and I was actually happy with the way it turned out.



I even got it to match our pillows and a chair in that room!


Ta da!  I'm not claiming to be a pro, but I like it!


This week's mission:  Organizing and cleaning out this messy kitchen desk area we have.  Chad will be happy about this one because the junk drawer drives him bonkers, and I discovered an important piece of "missing" mail on the desk this morning.  This week it will transform into something more organized and useful.  At least I hope so, or I'll have to tell you all what a slacker I can be!

Stay tuned tomorrow for "Tasty Tuesday"!  I've got a great new recipe for you!:)

6 comments:

  1. Tasha it Looks great! I could never do that! It seriously looks like a very expensive piece of artwork! You could go into business! Maybe Harveys could sell them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I think you just made me blush! Haha! Thanks so much! Maybe. Not sure what else I can do though. Just splashed some color around on this one. Maybe I could try to sell just these. Haha! It is a nice compliment though. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY MOLY! Awesome!!! Tash you are SOOOOOOOO talented!! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg tasha that looks AWESOME!! seriously that's so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thanks Kristi! I missed your comment in there somehow! Very nice of you!

    ReplyDelete