Monday, October 17, 2011

On A Mission Monday

Finally! I did a weekly project that was NOT done at the very last minute.  I wanted to paint a canvas to cover a blank wall somewhere in our house.  I got brave, and decided to cover the most noticeable bare wall we had.  The area above our sofa in the front room was a sore spot.  If you were to come in our front door, you would have seen it. This wall had nothing there for almost the past two years. Gasp! I know!  I just couldn't ever find anything I liked, or anything I wanted to pay a lot for. So...I made something myself...and voila! No more blank wall!:)

Here are some pics:

First I made sure I had the canvas sizes I wanted.
I found these for $30, $40, and $30 at Michael's!  I also got to use my 10% military discount, and luckily I already had almost all of my paint and supplies from my last painting project.  Click here if you would like to see that one.

Next I plopped them down one by one on the kitchen island.
No fancy easel required.

I tried to get them to match as best as possible.
I'll admit that there was a time when it wasn't looking too good.  It was harder than I expected to match the colors on all three canvases.  I am also not the best at eyeballing a straight line.  On top of that, I really didn't know 100% what I was doing. I did this Thursday night while watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice in the background. Chad was on the sofa and could hear my negative comments when it wasn't quite working.  He told me to just not worry about it and said "just relax and create".  Haha! This got me to laugh because hand gestures were included. Kind of a fanning of the hands.  Can't you just picture it?

Anyways, I thought who needs a completely straight line?  It's my canvas. My rules. So I sponged in some lines to give it an imperfect look and sponged on some metallic circles too.....

These were fun to add!:)
I knew just the guy to hang them!
Ta-Da!
No more blank wall.
I like how it works with our rug and furniture too.
I know this is not everyone's "style", but it is ours.  I went for neutral colors because everything else in the room is color and I didn't want to be so matchy-matchy.  I do still need to varnish them and touch up some areas that I notice need it, but all in all..... it is just what I wanted!

Next week's mission......talk about "blank".  I don't want to over commit.  I think.. I am going to...... clean out our freezer and fridge.  That's doable, right? Things are crammed in there and falling out at me when I open the door.  Just kidding!  Kind of. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment