Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday

Deep thoughts, random thoughts...just some thoughts for Thursday.


Why is it kids can want to do what we dread, and don't want to do what we long for?
Some examples:
  1. Blake thinks it is super cool to load the dishwasher.  I think "time to unload, reload...again". 
  2. Blake does not want to take a nap.  She can fight it until she eventually caves.  I could be out in less than 3 minutes any given time of the day whether I've had coffee or not.  
  3. Blake watches me in wonder when I wash my face.  She looks at me and smiles saying "Whatchu doing mommy?  You washing your face?" While of course we do bathe our child, it's not like she stands at the sink to wash her face.  I have to force myself sometimes to do this simple task simply because I may not feel like it.  I have let her crawl up to our sink before, and believe me, she would wash her face all day long if I'd let her.
Is it just a kid wanting to do more and an adult wanting to do less?  A grass being greener on the other side?  If so, are we ever truly happy with being right where we are at?  I think I usually like each stage of life I have been in.  I would be happy with more naps though.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment