Monday, October 24, 2011

On a Mission Monday

Having this blog has been fun.  It gives me motivation and a deadline to get things done.  However, sometimes it gets difficult because it adds one more daily thing to this crazy thing called life.  Well, two more things actually.  For example, Monday gives me a weekly project to focus on.  So that requires doing the project at some point and taking the time to blog about it.  I am human. Very human. This week I did my mission, but it feels a little half-done to be honest.


I cleaned out everything expired in my fridge. When I open the door, nothing is falling out at me anymore.  So all-in-all, mission accomplished.  Did I clean all shelves and drawers? No.  Did I reorganize to where it looks impressive? No. Have I yet thrown out all past due leftovers? Yes.  Are all containers clean yet? No, they are in the dishwasher though.  Soon. I will wrap up all loose ends soon. In fact, that is what I will be doing right after I finish this post. Here is my  before and after shot.

Before

After

Not a vast difference from my shots, but I did it.  Believe me, it is actually improved upon greatly! I am now more aware of what I have on hand. I can see how much food we have (to be thankful) and yet don't have (to get myself grocery shopping). We are out of eggs.  We are running low on many other things that we usually have.  If only these things could be self replenishing?!

Next week:  Catch up before committing to any more "projects"! I have been meaning to make myself a doctor and dentist appointment since my birthday. That was in August.  Hair appointment...yep, way over due. Laundry?  Piling up as always.  Why am I so behind?  Who knows?  Reasons include...having a toddler...catching up with relatives long distance...you name it!  It's life, huh?  We do the best we can.  I don't think even "Martha Stewart" can be "Martha Stewart". Anyways, I am going to catch up and report back to you all.  

P.S. Happy to hear from some of you over this past week!  I had three people tell me they were trying a recipe from Tasty Tuesday.  I also got a picture of a canvas painting by someone who said I inspired them to go for it!  So nice to hear!  Have a great week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment