Monday, October 10, 2011

On a Mission Monday

Well, last week's mission is complete.  I removed all clothing that no longer fits Blake out of her closet and her dresser drawers.  That was my main goal and I did accomplish that.  However, I don't have that whole project nailed down. So far this is what our storage looks like that wasn't too embarrassing to post a picture of....


The pink bin we already had.  The gray one is new. The tote on top is too cute to use for just storage purposes, but I wasn't currently using it.  So it holds all reusable shoes (for a possible second child) and baby slings and wraps, etc. until I can get yet another plastic bin. The little box in back we already had too.  It actually holds most of her onesies and dresses age o-6mos.

Every time I go to "keep up" on storing clothes and everything else no longer in use....like bibs, socks, toys, hats, swimsuits, car seat covers, shoes, boots, mittens, bottles, baby bath stuff, swings, jumpers, blah blah blah and a million other different little baby thingies....I wonder how do other people do this?  I know I can let things go. This is my own fault.  If I'd keep up the day we are done with something, this would not seem so overwhelming. Where do people keep all this stuff though?! Maybe it is harder in between children. If I knew for 100% that we would not being having another daughter, all things pink could go to our niece or we could sell it. Maybe it's just this time in our lives. I guess we just deal with it until we truly no longer need it.

Anyways, nothing too exciting.  I am not sorting through sizes anymore though.  If I had some really cool new method or idea for storing kids items, I would show you.  Mainly it is just going into storage bins.  I sure wish houses out here in the West had basements though!  I need to rearrange yet another closet in a spare bedroom to fit these into.

Oh, we did get Sneaker back! Yay!  Here are the before and after pictures of her. The real difference is in how much softer she feels. That and the fact her head isn't falling off.  :)



Next week's mission: I really need to work in that spare bedroom and get all loose ends tied up with Blake's old clothes.  I feel like that makes for a boring blog though.  I just did a before and after of my closet. I won't bore you all with another one.  We all have closets to clean, huh?  Hmmm... I think I'm going to get out my paints again and put a canvas somewhere on a bare wall. Not entirely sure my plan yet on that, but I'll let you know how it goes next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment