Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday

Deep thoughts, random thoughts...just some thoughts for Thursday.


The Power of a Compliment.
Just something to give some thought to today...do you give out compliments? I often will think something really nice of someone, and not always verbalize it. It might be that they look nice, or that they said something that stuck with me, or that they possess a quality that I really admire. Don't get me wrong...I do compliment people, but I can often just let that thought slip right by if I'm caught up in a conversation.


I really tend to remember compliments when I receive them though. Maybe because they can often catch me off guard.  I remember some really random ones from people I might not even keep in touch with anymore, or perhaps even from a customer back when I was in the "working" world.  I won't list all the ones that come to mind, but they are with me and randomly come back when I might be having a negative thought about myself or for no real reason at all.


Next time you think something complimentary of someone, try to remember to speak up and let that person know.  I really believe it will stick with them.  Everyone has something good about them and they should know it.  I know it sounds a little Stuart Smalley, but gosh darn it, we should build each other up. ;)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment