Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Whew!  Having a busy week here, are you? When do we ever really have nothing going on though? I think that is the plus side to being a procrastinator.  A true procrastinator always has something to do. Whether we are doing something we've put off, or we are doing something else while procrastinating what we should be doing...we are always doing something.  


So to get back to what I'm currently putting off, I have just a quick "side" recipe for you today.  This one can be done on short notice and is so easy.  Oven roasted vegetables. Why have I not done this before? Well, actually I have.  However, lately I have been finding these recipes on Pinterest that suggest roasting them at a higher temperature.  Let me tell you, deeeelish!


One night we roasted broccoli.  On another night, we did a mix of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Both were awesome.  The second night was actually easier too because I bought a bag of already pre-cut veggies and lowered the amount of olive oil I tossed in with them.


Here's what I did that second night. I'm sure you could play around with several veggie combos.

Vegetables so good you feel guilty.

Oven Roasted Veggies


  • 1 bag of pre-cut broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
  • 2-3 garlic cloves minced or thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • pinch of kosher salt and ground pepper
  • juice of 1/4 lemon
  • grated Parmesan (how ever much your heart desires) 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1. Combine veggies, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss them around to cover well.  Place in shallow baking dish or foil covered cookie sheet.
2. Roast for about 25-35 minutes, turning occasionally if you want.  I forgot and they were fine. 
3. Remove and top with grated parmesan.  
4. Devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment