Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday

Deep thoughts, random thoughts...just some thoughts for Thursday.


How many times do you take the same route during the day, and notice something new? On a drive the other day with my daughter in the back seat, she pointed out something new to me.  We were at a busy intersection at a red light. There were cars and people everywhere, and Blake says "Look at the birds!" I had to look all around to notice a TON of birds sitting on top of the gas station's roof across the street. Now I see that birds are there all the time.


I love when she'll notice different details that as an adult I would just look right by.  This is only one of a lot of examples.  It's always interesting to see through her eyes. It also can make boring things fun. She loves trains.  My normal response would not be excitement to get stuck at the train tracks waiting for one to pass by, but now I actually hope one stops us.  I have even passed up the tracks and then taken a U-turn if we just miss getting stopped by one. The look on her face makes it all worth it. It also makes the routine drive a little better each time.  I never know what she will find joy in next, what is "down the tracks", and I absolutely love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment