Friday, April 1, 2011

Mom, Can I Have the Keys?


Well, yesterday we had to run to the grocery store for only a few items for last night's dinner. We were going to a store we don't always go to because it was just for a few items. At this particular store, something that Blake loves to do there is ride in their special grocery cart car. I must say it does look like fun! I made the random comment before we went that maybe we'd go to the store later and she could ride in the car. Well, the cart with the car attached is maybe five feet long. Could that be right? I don't know. Maybe next time I'll measure it. The picture I posted will give you an idea. Although this pic was taken last summer so B is smaller. The cart is obviously the same. :) Anyways, the thing is hard to turn and steer. So when we did make it to the store, I changed my mind. I was kind of thinking Blake wouldn't know the difference or remember my comment, so I put her in her stroller and in we went. Boy, was I wrong!

The second we were in the door she started screaming and crying for the "red car, red car". I was thinking maybe I could reason with her. Dumb. I thought we already have the stroller, yada, yada. I simply got down to her and said "Blake, I know you want to ride in the red car, but....". She stopped me there. Her face was bright red. Tears all welled up in her little blue eyes. Bottom lip out like she was faking it. Hearing my words, she nodded her head yes, opened her eyes real wide, took a deep breath, and said "okay!". How do I turn that down? I did say it was something we were going to do. We need to get this errand run. Ahhh. Back towards the carts we go! I didn't want to go back out to the truck to put the stroller away. So Blake went into the red car. The stroller folded up and went into the cart. Blake was then laughing and saying "beep, beep" all through the store. She occasionally would turn around and say "mommy, mommy!" and wave at me. Melt my heart. Now she loves this, but it's not like I can mosey around. We hit the aisles probably way over that thing's speed limit. Got our groceries and were helped out by a bagger. Blake cried the whole way home though. I think she thought the car was going home with the groceries. After dinner, again a little whimper came out. "Car? Mommy, car?" It looks like soon we may getting her a little buggy car of her own to play in. I know there is a new Buy Buy Baby opening soon in Fresno. I think they have a pretty good toy section. I'm sure Walmart has them too. It sure is earlier than I expected to be taking her car shopping. We'll have to go check out the selection. Maybe I'll just have Blake take us there! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Testing 123. I am trying to post a comment on my own blog. I don't even know how to. How bad is that? Haha! Testing 123.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know how to post by choosing name/url. And it is hard to see down there at the bottom of choices. I will work on an easier way for those of you who asked me how. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her. So cute. Wish I was with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just you wait!! it gets better day by day!!! LOL ! Must say though, as hectic as it gets, one day you'll be sittin ' where I am sayin , WHERE DID the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must now get the kitchen play set for home! Toys R Us...They have the whole set up!! ;) Cart and all...xoxo

    ReplyDelete