Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday?


Where did this week go? Don't get me wrong I always welcome the weekend, but sometimes I really dislike it when I look back and my to-do list is still longer than my done list. Ugh. It's just a nagging feeling. I recently heard somewhere that the average American really only has a half hour of free time each day. By the time you do all your household chores, go to work wherever that is, watch after your kids if they are at home, or get them to and from where they need to be elsewhere, exercise (if you're disciplined enough to get that in), grocery shop, prepare meals and clean-up, and so on, only a half hour. I think this could be true. Do you? Everyone always thinks they have it harder than someone else. Stay-at-home moms usually are thought to be watching TV and eating bon-bons. That is unless you are a stay-at-home mom yourself, then you either just chuckled or felt annoyed by it again because you know you've heard others imply that....and you know that it is no where close to the truth. Of course, it does have it's benefits, but it's not just easy breezy all day every day. Anyways, the discussion I heard was about not saying "yes" to everything and choosing how to spend your 30 minutes of free time wisely. Veg and watch TV? Read a book? I guess today I am blogging, but my typing speed is picking up so I don't have to take a half hour to do this. Hmmm. Just food for thought I guess. I need to manage my time better than I do because I never feel like I have a half hour to do whatever I want. There is always that nagging to do list on my brain. I don't understand when people are bored. I can't fit in all the things I'd like to do in a day. Maybe I should map out my days more strictly on exactly what I am going to do when. I have thought this before though...and then life happens. I don't have the answer. Just thought it was curious to hear we are all so busy, we truly only have a half hour of free time. Wonder when I should schedule that? Wouldn't everyone's be right before they crash for the day anyways? Not my most productive moment. Guess I'll take the weekend to gear up for how I'll spend next week.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I was just talking with Chad about this. And I do agree with him that free time is relative. My brain is mush today, so again I don't know where I was going with this. I plan on carving out lots of free time this weekend though. Much more than a measley 30 minutes!:)

    ReplyDelete