Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Mix

I'm back after a really nice weekend off. I decided not to blog on the weekends. It's a challenge enough to stick to it on the weekdays! I did four out of five days last week, so this week I'm shooting the big five. Even though everyday sometimes feels the same when you are a stay-at-home mom, Monday is still Monday. I'm just getting going and not sure what to blog about soooo... I guess I'll fill you in on my weekend. Our family tends to really like low key weekends where we stick around home. Occasionally we'll get out and about, but it's not like every weekend is jammed packed. During my younger years this would have translated to boooring, but now it spells out r-e-l-a-x-i-n-g. However, this weekend provided a good mix of it all. Friday afternoon we met up with some friends at the park so all our kiddos could run around. Saturday, I had a hair appointment, which I was in desperate need of. I love chatting it up with my hairdresser at Panache Salon. She's younger than me, is not married, and doesn't have kids. None of this particularly matters, but I find it refreshing to talk with someone at a different stage in her life than me. We look nothing alike, but she reminds me a little of my younger self. Plus, it's always relaxing to get some time to flip through some magazines and hear about other stuff going on around town outside of my usual circle.


A major highlight was getting a Saturday night out for some girl time! Our Navy wives group had a get together and our host had a surprise planned for us all. We were picked up by a bus and taken to an unknown destination. We arrived to a local gym where they teach pole dancing classes! Let me tell you, it was a lot of fun! First we had a dinner and some laughs, and then an instructor showed us a thing or two. Now initially, I think we maybe were a little skeptical or just unsure of how we would do. It's not like any of us have experience with this sort of thing! It was a blast though. Complete with super high heels to wear and feather boas. I must say it was classy too, nothing real crazy, and a bit of an upper arm workout! I felt really lucky to be spending some fun girl time with women from all over the U.S. with the common bond that our husbands are all serving our country. The pic I posted was a group shot that I'll always look back on and treasure. Such a fun night!


Swinging on around to Sunday, we had another unplanned event. While out running errands, we discovered a new little tourist attraction off Hwy 99. Our family went to Bravo Farms. I had driven past it before and heard it mentioned briefly once. Yesterday we were out that way and stopped by. I give it two thumbs up! It's such a cute little restaurant, gift shop, ice cream parlor, and petting zoo. Blake got to see several turkeys, a couple of donkeys, goats, rabbits, and a parrot in a parrot tree! It was just a quaint little place with some random things mixed together. This pic is of their tree house that I thought was just the cutest thing ever! We didn't go up in because it was packed with kids. However, next time I'm going up...to show Blake of course...because I did see some moms in there!

Well, that's our weekend summary. If anyone reading this lives around here, you should check out Bravo Farms. Their gift shop sells a ton a lot of great items. It's a cheese shop overall, but they had everything from other gourmet food items, to toys for the kids, to all sorts of random stuff. I found their website too if you'd like more info. It's www.bravofarms.com. Not sure how to add the link on here though. Here's to hoping my week will provide for some more fun surprises and good unplanned events! Hope your week is a good one too!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! That place is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun weekend!!!It certainly is different when you get to pole dance AND climb a treehouse!Thumbs up to all you wives!!!!

    ReplyDelete