Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hot Stuff


I've been asked by quite a few people if we have heard anything on the results of the Redbook Hot Husband Contest that I entered Chad in last summer. With absolute honesty, I can say no. All I was told was that the winner will be announced in the June issue that will hit stands May 17th. Curiosity did get the best of me last week though and I emailed our contact there. I thought it couldn't hurt to ask, right? Just wondering again when you said we'd be notified of the results....hehe. Well, I did hear back from the copy editor who said she was sworn to secrecy and we just have to wait until May 17th to find out. I thanked her, and told her I was a little embarrassed to ask. She then assured me no need to be embarrassed and that many other wives were emailing them too. Sooo...we'll see. I have a feeling we would already know by now if Chad won. Maybe not though.

Anyways, I thought I'd give a little scoop on my entry for him. First of all, this pic was the only serious expression I could find of him. It was taken when Chad was in New York standing in front of ground zero. So that is why the serious face. It's not like I had him pose specifically for this contest. Haha! Also, what I thought I would include on here is what I sent in to Redbook last summer. Well, actually this is an email I sent to Chad where I copied and pasted what I sent in. He was gone last summer when I entered him. Redbook had a cute little write-up attached to his pic, but I just wanted people to know Redbook wrote that. It is a mix of my entry and a half hour phone interview I did with one of the copy editors. I just found it funny when some of my friends thought I wrote his description on their website. I would never say "Move over, Tom Cruise......" Haha! Again, it's cute, but cheesy. I did mention that Chad was previously an instructor at TOPGUN because he was and I'm proud of his accomplishments. Redbook told me they wanted to highlight that. The copy editor said it caught their eye because it is not something everyone gets to do, it's unique, and so many people are familiar with the movie about it. Makes total sense to me. I get it. As you will see though, my entry speaks more of Chad as an all-around great guy. I feel very lucky to be his wife, and no matter what he does, or whether he wins this little fun contest or not, I know that I am blessed.

Okay, so here is what I sent to Chad....

Chad,
Just so you know, I just entered you in Redbook magazine's Hottest Husband of 2011 Contest. !!!! Fun !!!! If they don't pick you, it is for one reason alone.....a previous winner was also a U.S. Navy pilot. Go figure. Lol. I still entered you anyways, and here is what I wrote about you:

My husband is like no other man I have ever met. He is hot for countless reasons. He is strong, steady, and sexy. He is a man with high moral values and beliefs that he does not waver from. He has such masculine sides to him and yet he has softer sides too. Chad flies F-18 jets for the Navy, he was an instructor at TOPGUN, he loves to work out, and to work on his Trans Am. At the same time, the man loves to clean! He buys flowers for me with the sweetest cards attached when he is away at sea duty. Every morning he is home, he makes me a fruit yogurt smoothie. Chad is also a wonderful father to our 18 month old daughter Blake, and our Alaskan Malamute Sierra. I read this book "Bringing Up Girls" by James Dobson. It impressed me so much that Chad wanted to read it too. He was flying jets by day, and reading how to be a great parent at night from his rack (bunk bed on the aircraft carrier). Chad is a man of integrity. He always does things the right way. He doesn't look for the easy way out of anything, and I really admire him for that. I know I am making him sound perfect, which no one person is. However, he knows his flaws and he accepts mine. Throughout the years of our marriage, we have become better in our communication with one another. He makes me feel like the luckiest woman alive, and it is hot to have such an amazing partner in life. My husband is without a doubt the Hottest Husband of 2011 and every year to follow!:)

I love you Chad!
Love,
Tasha


Hopefully at some point we'll hear something about the results. When I googled "Redbook Hot Husband Contestants" I did see the competition was tough. There are 24 other guys and their wives pulling for those votes. One guy is a high school teacher...there is a whole school of votes for him right there. Haha! Another woman went to every mom and parent website posting to please vote for her husband. Why didn't I think of that? Ha! No, I don't feel we went overboard, but we spread the word. We're not taking this real serious by any means, but it was fun. We were in the local paper and news here, and the Fresno paper, and on CBS's The Talk. Through Facebook and email we got quite a few votes too. Thanks to all of you who voted and sent us such nice emails about it. I was surprised by how so many people were really excited about it for us. It was our "15 minutes" of fame I guess... and it was fun! :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW! What a sweet letter, Tasha! I've never even met him and the way you describe him made even ME fall in love! :) I hope he wins!! He certainly got our vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! I put my vote in and hope he wins! That would be so fun! Even if he didn't it would be really cool if he just got in the magazine. Who doesn't love a man in uniform?!?!

    ReplyDelete