Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'll Get There Eventually


Well, I'm having a bit of writer's bock. Not that I am even a "writer" necessarily, but you know what I mean. My mind is on that ever growing to-do list again. We are getting ready to go see family here fairly shortly and the whole packing process is beginning. I always look forward to trips to see family or even just day trips here and there. However, while I anxiously await them, I delay packing. I'd like to say it is because now we have a little one to travel with, but I have always been this way. I am usually up way too late the night before, and then tired the day traveling occurs. Why do I do this to myself? Sometimes I think I just work better under a crunch time. Other times I think it's the challenge of can I get it done in less time rather than just drag it out until it is time to go. I know I don't want to be ready a day in advance. I just don't know why. Having a small child does require extra thought into it all. It takes quite a bit to get our family's "show on the road". While I delay in action though, my wheels spin as to what I need to get done. Little mental checklists. Somehow or another I then end up packed and surprisingly organized when we head out the door.

Well, maybe just maybe, I can prepare enough for an early bedtime the night before we leave. Going to go listen to some good music and get this mountain of laundry tackled. That is step 1. The other day I heard my husband say "I like to make hay while the sun shines" in reference to putting things off or getting things done. This made me laugh out loud because I had never heard this expression before and suddenly he sounded like Farmer Chad to me. As you can tell, he is not as big of a procrastinator. Well, the sun is shining, so I'm off to make my hay....or do my laundry. Haha! Wish me luck. I'm going to need it! Hope you all are having a productive day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment