Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"What's That?" Wednesday

What's that?  Did you notice my Wednesday title change?  "Wonderful Wednesday" sounded a little too cheesy to me.  Mid-week I have enjoyed just writing about something I have found worthy of sharing.  It may be a good book, product, idea, or website.  In other words, it's a little like show-and-tell, and it's usually something new that has caught my eye.  Something that has made me look twice and say "What's that, again?"  Voila!  So I now have "What's That?" Wednesday.


Anyways, some friends told me about a couple of great ideas on what to do with all that leftover Halloween candy.  I had heard of ideas here and there, but now I have sites for reference.  This year, my 2 year old did not hit up too many houses trick or treating, but I know in years to come our candy stash will only get bigger. We'll be hitting up more houses and we'll hopefully have more kids of our own out there gathering the sweets. More kids. Older kids. More candy!



  • If you decide you just can't fork over the candy, then maybe try one of these leftover Halloween candy recipes here.
  • If you need to get it out of your house pronto, then check out these programs ..........................www.halloweencandybuyback.com. Here you can find participating nearby dentists willing to "buy back" your candy with either money or toothbrushes, etc.  The candy is sent on to Operation Gratitude. Two awesome programs!!! Who knew we could turn Halloween into something better for our teeth and something so patriotic?


    I found this video posted below to show you more about Operation Gratitude. It's worth a watch! My husband is in the Navy, so I do have a soft spot for all those serving our country. Whether you have a family or friend in the military or not, I hope you also appreciate all that these men and women do for every one of us everyday.  After watching this, I am in the mood to send a care package!  I also now know what I'll be doing with my leftover Halloween candy for years to come!

    What's That?  
    It's Operation Gratitude, and it's awesome.




    Thanks to Eva, Julie, and Jeanne for my Wednesday inspiration!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment