Friday, June 3, 2011

TGIF!

Gotta love Friday! Whether it's been a great week, an awful week, a zipped right by or moved as-slow-as-can-be week.....I think almost everyone welcomes Friday. I actually managed to pull out of that slump I was referring to on Wednesday. I really got some stuff done around here. I found that under the gigantic stack of clean clothes in our laundry room there was a counter. Who knew?!:) Yes, you can now see a clean counter top. I must admit the majority of this was done by my wonderful husband. He knew it was bugging me and I just couldn't seem to get it under control. So he stepped in and, wham, we can now not be afraid of the laundry room again! Thanks honey! He literally lightened the load that was weighing down my spirits.

Anyways, it is funny how things can have a snowball of an effect. In this case, it's a good snowball effect. Just having that done is motivation to keep it done. Each load is going away promptly and I'm hoping to stay on top of it. Also, I managed to put away all of my daughter's clothes that no longer fit! This one I did all myself! A year's worth of clothes neatly organized and put into storage. Awesome! Did my "big buy" at the grocery store yesterday and cleaned out the fridge. We are now full of good unexpired food and set for some healthy meals up ahead. Speaking of healthier meals, I am trying to kick a bad craving for every night ice cream. So I whipped up this bowl of pears, strawberries, and blackberries and still had fun with the chocolate syrup. It's gotta be better for me than a big old bowl of ice cream, right? Right? Well, it was delish and like I said... I'm kicking the every night ice cream habit. ;)

I don't mean to sound all "look at me", but I'm proud of getting some things done around here. I'm hoping to keep knocking down that to-do list, and I must admit it feels better than just thinking about it. Whatever your week was like, it's over, so here's to a great weekend everyone!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment