Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A New Start



Okay, it's a new month! It doesn't make today much different than yesterday, but I am starting out on a new mission and a new set of challenges for myself. We are now 12 weeks pregnant. Plenty of time until our December due date for baby#2, but I have got some changes to make. I need to get it together. To re-charge. To fine-tune my routines and ways of getting things done. Maybe everyone with a small child feels always behind in something, but lately I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything I am not getting done.

Some of it is me being hard on myself. Some of it is just a mix of procrastination and pure laziness. I can open the same junk drawer a million times, and then be annoyed by it a million times. I have a never ending cycle of laundry that I just need to catch up with, and keep up with. I need a better system. I looked into www.flylady.com (an on-line tool for keeping up with housework) and it looks great. My list is going beyond housework though. It's new recipes that I need. It's better photo-book keeping. It's an exercise routine. I'd like to read more for myself. On and on and on. You may be thinking "join the club" or you know some great secret that I do not. Either way, I saw this quote on Positively Positive the other day and it spoke to me....

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Jim Rohn

Brilliant and so simple, isn't it? My problems are small in the big scope of life. I need a change though. I want to kick some bad habits (like being a clutter-bug) to the curb. I really want to have it together by the time I have two children to take care of. Will I become perfect? No way. Will someone or some article tell me how to get there? Probably not. Starting today though, I am going to start somewhere and just get things done. The first of the month sounds like a good place to start. I don't have a set plan, but I am declaring that I'm starting a work-in-progress plan of action, and I'll let you all know how it goes. Maybe I'll discover something worth sharing or at least a laugh or two. Gotta go for now! Hope you all have a great start to your month too!

No comments:

Post a Comment